Issue of April 7, 2019
     
NEWS
Abra
Benguet
Ifugao
Kalinga
Mt. Province
 
OPINION
 

2019
Panagbenga Flower Festival
 
Other Links:
P18 M allotted for summer job program for students in CAR
by Aiza Caramto

The Department of Labor and Employment-Cordillera has allocated P18.88 million for this year’s Special Program for Employment of Students.

The budget is from the regular fund of the DOLE-CAR, which will be distributed to the different provinces, said Regional Labor and Employment Officer Maria Konika de Leon.

Kalinga will get P3.06M; Abra, P2.96M; Ifugao, P2.91M; Baguio, P2.91M; Benguet, P2.64M; Apayao, P2.5M; and Mountain Province, P1.9M.

De Leon said students aged 15 to 25, enrolled in the current school year, have a passing grade, and their parents’ joint annual income do not exceed P36,000 may apply in the program.

The salary that the students will receive can be used in time for the enrollment of the next school year, which will allow them to finish their studies.

She said the salary of the SPES beneficiary is jointly paid by the local government concerned and DOLE.

Private  employers, national government agencies, and 1st to 5th class cities and provinces, and 1st to 3rd class municipalities will shoulder 60 percent of the prevailing minimum wage while the 40 percent will be paid by the DOLE. Fifth class municipalities will pay 40 percent of the salary while the DOLE will pay the 60 percent. Sixth class municipalities will pay 25 percent of the salary and the remaining 75 percent will be paid by the DOLE.

SPES is an employment bridging program during summer or Christmas vacation that aims to augment the family income of poor but deserving students who want to finish their education.


Your Ad Here


REGION
PRO-COR honors slain and wounded cops in MP clash

3rd evacuation center in Cordillera opens

Declare rebels persona non grata, DILG advises LGUs

217 CAR irrigation projects completed


PWU Baguio
Technical Education & Skills Development Authority – CAR
University of Baguio

Baguio Central University
Baguio Country Club
Benguet Electric Cooperative Inc.
Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources – CAR
Congressman Ronald M. Cosalan
Department of Health – CAR
Grab
John Hay Management Corporation
National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
New Media Services
Pag–IBIG Fund
Pines City Colleges
Sangguniang Panlungsod
SiTEL

ABC360
Assumption Medical Diagnostic Center
Baguio Center Mall
Baguio Water District
Choobi Choobi
Congressman Mark O. Go
Councilor Leandro B. Yangot Jr.
Curamed Pharmacy
Department of Environment and Natural Resources – CAR
Department of Public Works and Highways – CAR
Department of Science and Technology
Fabulo Beauty and Image Salon
Far East Pacific Commercial
Filipino–Japanese Foundation of Northern Luzon, Inc.
Ganza & Solibao Restaurants
Gen. Benjie B. Magalong
GMS Technology
Governor Crescencio C. Pacalso
Maybank
Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan
Mayor Romeo K. Salda
Mother Earth Deli Basket
Nagomi Spa
Narda’s / Sunflower Ridge
NIIT
Northern Luzon School for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Montessori, Inc.
Philex Mining Corporation
Police Regional Office – CAR
Regional Development Council – CAR and National Economic and Development Authority – CAR
Regional Tripartate Wages and Productivity Board – CAR
SN Aboitiz
Tony Boy Tabora
Veterans Bank

Home | About Us | Editorial Policy | Contact Us  
News | Opinion | Snapshots | Week's Mail | Obituaries  
Copyright © 2007-2015. All Rights Reserved. baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph