Issue of October 7, 2018
     
NEWS
Benguet
Mt. Province
 
OPINION
 

2018
Panagbenga Flower Festival
 
Other Links:
P91 M local calamity fund not enough for Ompong damages
by PIO release

Mayor Mauricio Domogan said the city’s available calamity fund amounting to P91 million this year is not sufficient to restore public infrastructure in the different parts of the city damaged during Typhoon Ompong.

The mayor said as the city suffered more than P404 million worth of damage to public infrastructure, the Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (LDRRMC) needed to convene to prioritize the use of the calamity fund while awaiting whatever the national government will apportion for the city from the funds of concerned government agencies and the Office of the President.

"We will have to work on the prioritization of the projects that will be funded from the available calamity funds.

We will not spend the whole amount so that we will have available funds to use for future calamities this year," Domogan said, explaining that 70 percent should be earmarked for prevention and mitigation projects while the remaining 30 percent will be for quick response initiatives.

The city government welcomed Pres. Duterte’s declaration of a state of calamity in four regions, including the Cordillera as the assistance will help in terms of recovery and rehabilitation projects.

LDRRMC members are now assessing the reported damages to private and public properties in the city to come up with a report on actual damages.

Domogan expressed hope that there will be no other similar weather disturbance in the remaining months of the year.

Your Ad Here


REGION
Action vs textbooks on Igorots up to CAR leaders – DepEd Usec

DOE helps mitigate fuel price hikes

SSS favors expanded maternity benefit


PWU Baguio
Technical Education & Skills Development Authority – CAR
University of Baguio

Baguio Central University
Baguio Country Club
Benguet Electric Cooperative Inc.
Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources – CAR
Congressman Ronald M. Cosalan
Department of Health – CAR
Grab
John Hay Management Corporation
National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
New Media Services
Pag–IBIG Fund
Pines City Colleges
Sangguniang Panlungsod
SiTEL

ABC360
Assumption Medical Diagnostic Center
Baguio Center Mall
Baguio Water District
Choobi Choobi
Congressman Mark O. Go
Councilor Leandro B. Yangot Jr.
Curamed Pharmacy
Department of Environment and Natural Resources – CAR
Department of Public Works and Highways – CAR
Department of Science and Technology
Fabulo Beauty and Image Salon
Far East Pacific Commercial
Filipino–Japanese Foundation of Northern Luzon, Inc.
Ganza & Solibao Restaurants
Gen. Benjie B. Magalong
GMS Technology
Governor Crescencio C. Pacalso
Maybank
Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan
Mayor Romeo K. Salda
Mother Earth Deli Basket
Nagomi Spa
Narda’s / Sunflower Ridge
NIIT
Northern Luzon School for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Montessori, Inc.
Philex Mining Corporation
Police Regional Office – CAR
Regional Development Council – CAR and National Economic and Development Authority – CAR
Regional Tripartate Wages and Productivity Board – CAR
SN Aboitiz
Tony Boy Tabora
Veterans Bank

Home | About Us | Editorial Policy | Contact Us  
News | Opinion | Snapshots | Week's Mail | Obituaries  
Copyright © 2007-2015. All Rights Reserved. baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph