Issue of June 9, 2019
     
NEWS
Benguet
Ifugao
Kalinga
Mt. Province
 
OPINION
 

2019
Panagbenga Flower Festival
 
Other Links:
Condo developer defends tree cutting within its property
by PIO release

Moldex’s cutting of 49 trees is covered by permits issued by regional office of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.

Appearing before the city council’s session last Monday, Moldex Realty Inc. board of directors consultant Rey Diaz said the cutting of the 43 pine and six alnus trees within the company’s 3.1-hectare property at Bakakeng Central is pursuant to rules and regulations.

Moldex purchased the property in 1990 and started developing it only in 2013 when it was issued its first tree cutting permit and two earlier tree cutting permits prior to the present one which is now the subject of discussions on social media.

In lieu of the 49 trees, Moldex turned over to the Community Environment and Natural Resources Office 2,450 pine tree seedlings which were subsequently planted by the Presidential Security Group within the compound of the Presidential Mansion during a tree planting activity supervised by the DENR-Cordillera on May 24.

Under the company’s development plan, Moldex will develop 30 percent of the total land area with the construction of seven condominium buildings with provisions of a three-story underground parking structure while the remaining 70 percent will be devoted for open spaces and nature park among other amenities to improve the scenery of the place.

The tree cutting permit was supported by a barangay clearance, letter request from the property owner, mayor’s clearance with supporting inspection report from the City Environment and Parks Management Office, building permit issued by the City Buildings and Architecture Office, and the titles of the property.

The council invited Moldex and DENR officials to clarify the cutting of trees within its property to pave the way for the implementation of its development project in the area.

Based on the DENR inventory, there are 320 saplings and fully grown assorted trees in the area.

Moldex is planning to construct two additional buildings within the buildable area of its property to complete its overall development plan that will result in the cutting of additional trees but the number of trees to be cut is yet to be assessed considering the absence of plans for the structures that will be erected within the property.

Moldex plans to complete its project by next year depending on the demand for condominium units.


Your Ad Here


ENVIRONMENT
Dad wants pine trees in city declared as heritage trees

Baguio joins World Bike Day

Private-owned vehicles top list of smoke belchers in Baguio

400 volunteers plant trees as thanksgiving

Pupils collect bottles for school supplies

No formal ban on tree cutting in city – DENR

DENR leads planting of trees in public lands


Albergo Hotel and Residences
Informatics

Baguio Central University
Department of Health – CAR
King’s College of the Philippines
Narda’s and Sunflower Ridge
National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Montesorri, Inc.
Pines City Colleges
R.A. Gapuz Review Center

Assumption Medical and Diagnostic Center
Baguio Center Mall
Baguio Country Club
Baguio Water District
Choobi Choobi
Curamed Pharmacy
Department of Environment and Natural Resources – CAR
Department of Transportation – CAR
Easter College
Fabulo Beauty and Image Salon
GMS Technology
Gov. and Mrs. Crescensio and Jane Pacalso and Family
La Funeraria Paz, Inc.
Maybank
Mayor Romeo K. Salda
Mother Earth Deli Basket
New Media Services
Northern Luzon School for the Visual Impaired, Inc.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration – CAR
Philippine Rural Electric Cooperatives Association
Regional Development Council – CAR
National Economic and Development Authority – CAR
Technical Education and Skills Development Authority – CAR Search Results Web result with site links Technical Education and Skills Development Authority – CAR
Home | About Us | Editorial Policy | Contact Us  
News | Opinion | Snapshots | Week's Mail | Obituaries  
Copyright © 2007-2015. All Rights Reserved. baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph