Issue of March 22, 2020
     
NEWS
Benguet
Kalinga
Mt. Province
 
OPINION
 
 
Other Links:
City eyeing to ask returning students to declare travel log
by PNA with reports from Hanna C. Lacsamana

Authorities are mulling the possibility of making it mandatory for students in Baguio City to declare their travel history upon their return on March 23 before they are allowed to the schools, City Health Officer Rowena Galpo said last week.

“We leave it to the schools. They can do that as a precaution,” Galpo said in a press briefing last week on the coronavirus disease-2019 (Covid-19).

The city government earlier has suspended classes in all levels in public and private schools from March 13 to 22 as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the Covid-19.

Several students have returned home to their respective provinces during the class suspension.

Dr. Paul Quitiquit of Saint Louis Hospital of the Sacred Heart said the students can fill up a form on where they traveled before they can be allowed entry in the schools.

“It will make it easier for hospitals if they have tracking of who came from where,” he said.

He also said educational institutions can advise students to be checked up at triage areas in hospitals to determine if they contracted any respiratory infection.

Ferdinand Tamulto, chief planning and development officer of the Office of Civil Defense in the Cordillera, said the travel declaration can be done like what Abra is doing.

Tamulto said Abra’s directive is a precautionary measure, which will allow local officials to identify people in case there is a need for contact tracing.

“It’s a precautionary measure that can be looked into considering that Baguio has a lot of tourists and transient students,” he said.

On March 12, Abra Gov. Jocelyn Bernos ordered all people entering the province to fill up a form stating their names, addresses and where they are from including information on their travel history.

On March 16, the Health Department reported the first Covid-19 case in the Cordillera.

Persons under investigation in the region subjected to the 14-day quarantine in health facilities are from Abra, with 14 PUIs; Apayao, five; Baguio City, 55; Benguet, 17; Ifugao, one; and Kalinga, four; and Mountain Province, eight PUIs.

Of the total number, 53 are currently admitted and 51 have been discharged, among them is the lone PUI from Ifugao.

The age range of the PUIs is 10 months to 81 years old.


Your Ad Here


CITY
Barangays need help, not threat, Liga prexy appeals

BCPO on alert to secure vita infra

Rolling stores planned in barangays districts in city

200 stranded Japanese, SoKor students get travel permits

City mulls having eco farms as tourist sites

Dad seeks putup of coffee processing ctr


Philippine National Police – Police Regional Office – CAR
R.A Gapuz Review Center

Baguio Central University
Baguio Country Club
Benguet Electric Cooperative Inc.
Congressman Mark Go
Data Center of the Philippines of Baguio City, Inc.
Department of Health – CAR
Kings’ College of the Philippines
Mayor Benjamin B. Magalong
Pines City Colleges
Sangguniang Panlungsod
SiTEL
SM City Baguio
Social Security System
Veterans Bank

Albergo Hotel and Residences
Baguio Center Mall
Baguio Water District
C & Triple A Supermart
Congressman Nestor B. Fongwan
Curamed Pharmacy
Department of Agriculture – CAR
Department of Environment and Natural Resources – CAR
Ganza & Solibao Restaurants
GMS Technology
Governor Melchor D. Diclas
John Hay Management Corporation
Mayor Romeo K. Salda
MMS Development Training Center Corporatino
Mother Earth Deli Basket
Philipppine Science High School
Regional Development Council – CAR
Sutherland
Home | About Us | Editorial Policy | Contact Us  
News | Opinion | Snapshots | Week's Mail | Obituaries  
Copyright © 2007-2015. All Rights Reserved. baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph