Issue of May 13, 2018
     
NEWS
Benguet
Kalinga
 
OPINION
 

2018
Panagbenga Flower Festival
 
Other Links:
654 students hired under SPES in MP
by Juliet B. Saley / PIA

BONTOC, Mountain Province – The provincial and municipal local government units here continue its support to the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) of the Department of Labor and Employment to help poor but deserving students earn an income during vacation.

DOLE provincial office data showed that the Provincial Governor’s Office, the municipal LGUs, and the Tadian Credit Cooperative pledged a total of P2,158,560.28 for the employment of 654 students this summer.

Of the total number of students hired, the PGO hired 143, Tadian and Bauko hired 83 each; Barlig, 70; Sabangan, 56; Natonin and Parcelis, 41 each; Bontoc Mayor’s Office, 40; Besao, 37; Bontoc Vice Mayor’s Office, 26; Sadanga, 18, and  Sagada, 14. These students will work for 20 days.

The Tadian Credit Cooperative also hired two students for 40 days. 

The daily wage of the students hired under the SPES depends on the daily wage provided by each LGU. Employer and DOLE counterparts also depend on the income classification of the LGU.

The Provincial Governor’s Office, and the Bontoc and Paracelis LGUs pay 60 percent of the students’ salary while the remaining 40 percent shall be paid by DOLE.

The municipalities of Barlig, Sagada, Besao, Sabangan, and Sadanga pay 40 percent of the students’ salary while the remaining 60 percent will be DOLE’s counterpart.

In Bauko, Tadian, and Natonin, 50 percent of the beneficiaries’ salary will be shouldered by the LGUs and DOLE will shoulder the remaining 50 percent.


Your Ad Here


BUSINESS
Planned adjustment of tax rate discount in MP gets flak

Top Baguio taxpayers feted

TESDA–CAR hosts pre–selection of resto, cooking skills champs

City Treasurer reports 13.39% increase in tax collection

15 biz establishments in MP get BAGWIS award from DTI

19 grade 12 grads hired in job fair


PWU Baguio
Technical Education & Skills Development Authority – CAR
University of Baguio

Baguio Central University
Baguio Country Club
Benguet Electric Cooperative Inc.
Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources – CAR
Congressman Ronald M. Cosalan
Department of Health – CAR
Grab
John Hay Management Corporation
National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
New Media Services
Pag–IBIG Fund
Pines City Colleges
Sangguniang Panlungsod
SiTEL

ABC360
Assumption Medical Diagnostic Center
Baguio Center Mall
Baguio Water District
Choobi Choobi
Congressman Mark O. Go
Councilor Leandro B. Yangot Jr.
Curamed Pharmacy
Department of Environment and Natural Resources – CAR
Department of Public Works and Highways – CAR
Department of Science and Technology
Fabulo Beauty and Image Salon
Far East Pacific Commercial
Filipino–Japanese Foundation of Northern Luzon, Inc.
Ganza & Solibao Restaurants
Gen. Benjie B. Magalong
GMS Technology
Governor Crescencio C. Pacalso
Maybank
Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan
Mayor Romeo K. Salda
Mother Earth Deli Basket
Nagomi Spa
Narda’s / Sunflower Ridge
NIIT
Northern Luzon School for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Montessori, Inc.
Philex Mining Corporation
Police Regional Office – CAR
Regional Development Council – CAR and National Economic and Development Authority – CAR
Regional Tripartate Wages and Productivity Board – CAR
SN Aboitiz
Tony Boy Tabora
Veterans Bank

Home | About Us | Editorial Policy | Contact Us  
News | Opinion | Snapshots | Week's Mail | Obituaries  
Copyright © 2007-2015. All Rights Reserved. baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph