Issue of February 11, 2018
     
NEWS
Benguet
Kalinga
 
OPINION
 

2017
Panagbenga Flower Festival
 
Other Links:
Small–scale miners ask for filing fee reduction
by Primo Agatep / PNA

ITOGON, Benguet – Small-scale miners sought the assistance of local leaders in asking for the lowering of the processing and filing fees required for the Minahang Bayan.

Itogon Mayor Victorio Palangdan said small-scale miners had been clamoring for lower fees and retention fees of the total value of gold that they extract.

Palangdan said P1,600 is being collected from the miners as payment for processing and filing fees.

He added small-scale miners are also asking for the lowering of the weight and percentage requirements of gold to be sold to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.

The local government of Itogon and the Benguet Federation of Small-Scale Miners are finalizing a proposal to be submitted to the BSP and the Bureau of Internal Revenue to address the issue.

The mayor said that since the BIR increased the creditable withholding tax from two to five percent, local small-scale miners have stopped selling gold to the BSP and, instead, go to the “black market,” depleting the country’s gold reserves.

“The small-scale miners in Benguet are willing to pay,” Palangdan said, adding he has been going to the different barangays and urging the small-scale miners to sell their gold to the BSP.

Itogon is host to 66 percent of small-scale miners in Benguet, with the remaining 34 percent spread in the Tuba, Mankayan, Kabayan, Bokod, and Atok.

“It is a way of demonstrating our support to the tax move of President Rodrigo Duterte,” Palangdan said.

Out of the four percent excise tax being collected, 60 percent goes to the national government, while the remaining 40 percent is shared by the hosts of mining activities in a province, municipality, and the barangays.

Palangdan said Itogon is crafting a comprehensive land use plan, aimed at identifying areas for the Minahang Bayan.


Your Ad Here


BUSINESS
City council grants reprieve to stores that serve liquor

Tublay starts color–coding of chicken dung delivery trucks

Sari–sari store reclassification sought for tax cut incentives

Official reminds wise use of SDMP funds

MSME tutorials to be held in CAR


Baguio Country Club
Department of Tourism – CAR
GRAB
Informatics
University of Baguio
Venus Parkview Hotel

Congressman Mark O. Go
Department of Health – CAR
Kings College of the Philippines
Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company
Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan
Narda’s Handwoven Arts & Crafts Inc.
Philex Mining Corporation
Pines City Colleges
Province of Benguet
Sangguniang Panlungsod
SiTEL
SM City Baguio
Social Security System

Assumption Medical Diagnostic Center
Baguio Center Mall
Baguio Central University
Baguio Heart and Lung Diagnostic Center Inc.
Baguio Memorial Chapels Incorporated
Baguio Water District
BDO
Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources – CAR
C & Triple A Supermart
Congressman Ronald M. Cosalan
Curamed Pharmacy
Data Center College of the Philippines of Baguio City Inc.
Department of Agriculture – CAR
Department of Environment and Natural Resources – CAR
Department of Trade and Industry – CAR
Department of Transportation – CAR
Easter College Incorporated
Fabulo Beauty and Image Salon
Fast East Pacific Commercial
Filipino–Japanese Friendship Association of Northern Luzon, Inc.
GMS Technology
Immigration Network Services, Inc.
La Funeraria Paz, Inc.
Maybank
Mayor Romeo K. Salda
MMS Development Training Center Corporation
Mother Earth Deli Basket
National Economic & Development Authority–CAR
NIIT
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration
Philippine Science High School – CARC
R.A. Gapuz Review Center
Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board – CAR
Solibao – Ganza Restaurant
STI
Technical Education and Skills Development Authority

Home | About Us | Editorial Policy | Contact Us  
News | Opinion | Snapshots | Week's Mail | Obituaries  
Copyright © 2007-2015. All Rights Reserved. baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph